Benefits - Payment on two homes

Please read the below carefully to make sure you qualify for this.

Housing benefit is normally only paid for the rent you pay one home at a time.

However, there are a few exceptions to this and you may be able to get extra help if:

  • You have moved in to other rented accomodation due to fear of violence
  • You are a student or trainee, are one of a couple, AND have to live in seperate rented accomodation from your partner.
  • You have a large family and the council has housed you in two propertise.
  • You have moved to a new home that you pay rent on and still have to pay rent on your old home resulting in an unavoidable overlap.

If you think your circumstances mean that you should receive benefit for two homes and you class as one of the above options please continue with this form.

Start a new form

Choose this option to start a new form - click on the Start button to get going

Continue a saved form

Choose this option to retrieve a previously saved form - enter your reference number from last time and click Continue to carry on
Loading section. Please wait a few moments... Please wait while we search for your details